Check out today's special value on QVC...the Party on the Go food & dessert travel caddy with 4 inserts. Seems like a pretty "kool" idea, and just what we need to transport our munchies. The set includes four different interchangeable trays...a travel caddy with lid, cupcake/muffin tray, deviled egg tray, 12" round tray, and veggie/chip and dip tray. These inserts are perfect for customizing the carrier for the type of munchies we're bringing to the party. For about $26 (including shipping), the Party on the Go food & dessert travel caddy is not a bad deal...The Daily Kool would certainly get our money's worth.
We love that the Party on the Go food & dessert travel caddy has a lid (complete with handle) high enough to protect our goodies...too often, our food gets mushed on top from covering it with tin foil or plastic wrap. We also like that this product comes in five colors to choose from...we are partial to the purple and blue. Achem, excuse us...lilac and sky. The only thing we're not thrilled with is that the caddy can only accommodate one tray at a time. While we understand this for the food itself, it would be so much more convenient if it included some way to store the extra pieces we're not using at the time. At least all the trays nest together for compact storage when not in use, though.
Despite our little pet peeve about where to put the unused inserts, the Party on the Go food & dessert travel caddy is certainly worth our order. Our plan is to test it out with our basic (and kid-friendly) deviled eggs for the pool party we're going to next week (see recipe below)...good thing our QVC orders tend to arrive pretty quickly. We even picked up a few extra sets as hostess gifts...we're sure our friends will appreciate how easy it is to create an attractive presentation with this product. The smart and stylish Party on the Go food & dessert travel caddy can be used year-round and certainly seems ideal for any type of casual entertainment...a definite "must have"...at least for The Daily Kool family.
Our Basic Deviled Egg Recipe
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (we like Hellmann's)
- 1 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black (or white) pepper
- Paprika for garnish
- Remove the egg yolks and place into a small bowl, mash with a fork.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard powder, vinegar, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Fill the empty egg white shells with the mixture and sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Select the deviled egg tray and place it in your Party on the Go food & dessert travel caddy.
- Place deviled eggs in the caddy, cover with lid.
- Refrigerate up to one day (but at least one hour) before serving.
Subscribe to The Daily Kool by Email