At The Daily Kool, we have a bit of a dilemma when it comes to addictions like these. Our taste buds require easy and immediate access for those occasional (okay, frequent) cravings, but our inherent laziness prevent us from taking more trips to the ice cream parlor to satisfy them. Plus, the cost definitely adds up! Sure, ice cream cones are available at our local supermarket, but have you ever read the ingredients in those things? Too many unpronounceable words for us...blech.
Take a look at the Chef's Choice Waffle Cone Express ice cream cone maker. Seriously, folks...nothing beats the incredible aroma and freshness of a home-baked waffle cone. This ice cream cone maker features an advanced professional baking system that delivers homemade, freshly baked sugar cones in about two minutes. Yes, you heard us right...two minutes. Who could resist that temptation? Like your ice cream cone crispier than the average aficionado? No problem...a color-control dial makes that personal browning preference easy to select. An instant temperature recovery feature allows for continuous baking..cone after cone. The unique locking latch function with easy-clean overflow channel ensures each ice cream cone will be uniform in thickness for perfect results each and every time. Plus, the built-in cord storage compartment makes it convenient to keep the Chef's Choice Waffle Cone Express ice cream cone maker in a space saving, upright position.
A plastic cone-rolling form is included with the Chef's Choice Waffle Cone Express ice cream cone maker. Illustrated instructions and detailed recipes make it easy to become a master ice cream cone maker in no time. We love how the recipes use everyday ingredients we typically keep stocked in our pantry, and our creative juices are already flowing with several possible variations. Chocolate dipped sprinkle cones, waffle cups, cookies and even cannolis...our waistlines are expanding as we speak! Just be careful when rolling the ice cream cone...it has to be done when it's hot or it won't form properly. Also, make sure to pinch the end properly to prevent ice cream from leaking out...pouring some melted chocolate in the bottom of the cone is an easy (and tasty) solution. Though it has a non-stick coating, we recommend spraying or brushing the Chef's Choice Waffle Cone Express with a little oil before use to make it that much easier.
The Chef's Choice Waffle Cone Express ice cream cone maker is a great way to enjoy the crunchy sweetness of this sugary treat, straight from the kitchen. It's available all over, but we found the best deal at Bed Bath and Beyond with our 20% coupon...just go to the store to save on shipping, or type in your coupon code online. For about the price of a couple of trips to the ice cream parlor, you can produce delectable, edible delights that are sure to impress each and every time. Friends and family will be amazed at your culinary genius, never guessing how "kool" and easy it is...that's okay, we won't tell if you don't.
Basic Gourmet Waffle Cone
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted and cooled slightly
- Preheat the Chef's Choice Waffle Cone Express. Start with Color Control setting of 2 1/2 to 3, but change as necessary for best results.
- Beat the egg, egg white and salt in a small bowl with a fork or hand-held mixer until well blended. Beat in the sugar and beat until sugar is incorporated and the egg has lightened in color slightly, about 1 minute. Add flour and beat another 15 seconds or until incorporated and all lumps are gone. Add the melted butter and stir until well blended.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) of batter in the center of the iron. Bake for 1 minute then check for proper color. Cook an additional 5 to 10 seconds if necessary.
- Quickly remove the waffle from the WaffleCone Express™ onto a clean cloth towel. If the waffle is too hot to handle with your bare hands, use the cloth to help lift and roll the waffle around the cone form. Hold the cone a few seconds to set its shape then place on a wire rack to cool.
Subscribe to The Daily Kool by Email